Villa Il Forte
- 7 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Baths
- Sleeps 14
- 680 m2
- Weekly range: 10,400€ - 17,300€
- Ref. CH1003
This unique hilltop villa is situated in the heart of Tuscany, in the Chianti region. The drive on the cypress tree lined road to the villa and local town is picturesque as you pass valleys of vineyards and olive tree groves. The location is a postcard image of the quintessential Tuscan countryside while still benefiting from being a short drive to San Gimignano, Siena, and Florence.
The villa dates back to 1000 AD and has recently undergone a long and meticulous restoration. The property has been refurbished to high standards and offers all the necessary modern amenities while conserving its authentic charm by keeping the original terracotta brick floors and wooden beamed ceilings.
The villa is set on two floors and consists of two separate structures connected by a glass corridor. The main house offers 2 en suite bedrooms, a state of the art kitchen, and impressive dining room that can seat up to 16 guests. There are 5 additional en suite bedrooms in the guest wing complete with two large living rooms with glorious arched windows looking out over the valley of San Gimignano. Lastly, there is the 8th bedroom in a guest studio in the gardens beside the pool.
The property is set on spacious, private grounds with lawns adorned with rose beds, jasmine, and indigenous plants and flowers. This wonderful Tuscan villa offers a tranquil and luxurious setting with magical views of the surrounding hillside, valley, and pristine Italian gardens.
The villa offers a traditional living plan and a beautiful modern kitchen. The fully fitted kitchen is spacious and has direct access to the gardens and the outdoor dining area. The villa has numerous outdoor lounge and dining areas conveniently situated around the home to enjoy, at your preference, either sun or shade throughout the day. The villa is elegant yet comfortable and was designed for families and entertaining in mind.
The interior spaces are bright with natural sunlight due to the number of windows throughout. With the kitchen, dining, and living areas opening onto the gardens and various terraces, this luxurious getaway really allows guests to live both indoors and outdoors. The large dining area off the kitchen is shaded by a lovely pergola and is a wonderful place for al-fresco dining both night and day.
Situated on one of the lower terraced gardens, the infinity pool provides the perfect spot for relaxation while enjoying the impressive panoramic views. We can organize an afternoon of truffle hunting in the valley directly below the villa, famous for its white truffles. You could spend an afternoon playing tennis at the nearby club, enjoy a cooking class at the villa, explore the famous local wineries of Chianti, or journey into the beautiful towns of San Gimignano, Siena, and Florence. Whichever your preferences may be, this villa offers an excellent location to experience what Tuscany has to offer.
Main Villa: Ground Floor
- A/C, kitchen, main living room, secondary living room
- Bedroom 1: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC
Main Villa: First Floor
- Bedroom 2: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC
- Bedroom 3: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC
- Bedroom 4: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC
Main Villa: Second Floor
- Bedroom 5 (Master): A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC, private dressing room
Secondary Villa: Ground Floor
- A/C, professional kitchen, dining room, laundry room
- Bathroom 1: WC
Secondary Villa: First Floor
- Bedroom 6: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC
- Bedroom 7: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC
- Daily housekeeping (Mon to Sat)
- End of rental cleaning
- Water, gas, electricity consumption
- Weekly linen and towel change
- Air conditioning throughout
- DVD player
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Gas BBQ
- Hot tub
- Infinity pool
- Parking up to 4 cars
- Satellite TV
- Security alarm
- Washer & dryer
- Wet bar
- Nearest Airport: Florence, 45 min.
- Nearest Train: Poggibonsi, 15 min.
- Nearest Motorway: Poggibonsi, 12 min.
- Nearest Town: Petrognano, 2 min.
- Nearest Beach: Calambrone, 1h 20 min.
- Nearest Restaurant: Petrognano, 2 min.
- Nearest Golf: Colle di Val d'Elsa, 20 min.
- Nearest Vineyard: San Gimignano, 20 min.