Castello Del Monte
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Baths
- Sleeps 16
- 2000 m2
- Weekly range: 24,600€ - 36,200€
- Ref. UM1001
This stunning private castle is the most exclusive property for rent in Italy. Perched on a hilltop with commanding views of the Tiber valley, the castle is located on the border of Umbria and Tuscany, near Perugia.
This impressive property was built from ancient ruins dating back to the 12th century where it was originally built as a fortress by a Holy Roman Emperor.
The current owner commissioned a renowned architect to restore the castle stone by stone and a world famous interior designer to reimagine its magnificent past and bring it back to life. The castle has been beautifully restored to its former beauty with modern elegance and amenities.
The castle is secluded on top of a hill behind large wrought iron gates and is surrounded by its pristine landscaped gardens and benefits from incredible 360° panoramic views. The property offers 8 luxurious en suite bedrooms, a large heated pool, a private gym, Turkish bath, massage room, elevator and professional kitchen. Each suite consists of a seating area and a fireplace and have all of the luxuries of the modern world, with the charm of an interior designed to take you back in time.
The interior spaces feel like a sumptuous Renaissance manor: stone floors are covered by plush rugs, walls are lined with tapestries and windows with drapes, and coffered or beamed ceilings stretch over the living areas. The living rooms have plenty of sofas, armchairs and round tables for reading or games, while the dining room’s leather chairs, long wooden table and fireplace make for cozy feasts. The frescoes, artwork, furniture, and velvet drapes are all married in a perfect union to create the unique atmosphere of this spectacular property.
The castle consists of two structures with a courtyard in the middle. There are various outdoor lounge and dining areas strategically positioned in the courtyard and gardens, each wonderful for al fresco dining and lounging throughout the day and evening. The pool is set behind the castle and is the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun with a cool drink in hand.
This castle must be seen to be believed. It is a retreat from the everyday life, an oasis for the heart and mind and the ultimate destination for a relaxing luxury holiday. Should you ever want to leave this incredible property, you can enjoy an afternoon wine tasting or horseback riding in the surrounding hills.
Explore the hiking trails surrounding the castle, play tennis or golf at the nearby country club or experience a day of art, fine dining, and shopping in Perugia, Siena or Florence.
South Wing of Castle:
- First Floor:
- A/C, Gym, massage room, Turkish steam room, access to the garden
- Second Floor:
- Bedroom 1: A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC
- Bedroom 2: A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC
North Wing of Castle:
- First Floor:
- A/C, dining room, wine cellar, laundry & storeroom area
- Ground Floor:
- A/C, kitchen, dining room, bar, living & dining area, fireplace
- Bathroom 1: WC
- Bedroom 3: A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC
- Bedroom 4: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC
- Bedroom 5: A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC
- Second Floor:
- Bedroom 6: A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC
- Bedroom 7: A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC
- A/C, living space, walking closet, fireplace
- Bedroom 8: A/C double bed, en suite shower, WC
- Bi-weekly linen and towel change
- Daily housekeeping (Mon to Sat)
- End of rental cleaning
- Water, gas, electricity consumption
- Air conditioning throughout
- Charcoal BBQ
- DVD player
- Fireplace in each room
- Massage room
- Parking up to 6 cars
- Pool house
- Private gym
- Professional kitchen
- Satellite TV
- Turkish bath
- Washer & dryer
- Wine cellar
- Nearest Airport: Perugia, 30 min.
- Nearest Train: Perugia, 30 min.
- Nearest Motorway: Perugia, 30 min.
- Nearest Town: Cenerente, 15 min.
- Nearest Beach: Grosseto, 2h 15 min.
- Nearest Restaurant: Cenerente, 15 min.
- Nearest Golf: Perugia, 35 min.
- Nearest Vineyard: Assisi, 40 min.