- 6 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Baths
- Sleeps 16
- 700 m2
- Weekly range: 21,400€ - 32,500€
- Ref. SN1006
This impressive 16th century Tuscan estate is set on 2 hectares of private land and is one of the most exceptional properties on the rental market in Italy. The property has a rich and storied history.
For over 400 years the estate, perched atop a hill, has overlooked the Crete Senese and during the second world war Il Podere briefly housed the French Commander of the Allied troops. First recorded in 1598, aspects of the farmhouse had largely been untouched when the current owners and a team of local craftsmen began carefully restoring the property to create a contemporary country estate while still remaining true to its history and origins.
Today, Il Podere blends modern comforts with the warmth of rustic Italian life. The property offers 6 luxuriously appointed bedrooms, 6 en suite bathrooms, a fully fitted kitchen, pizza oven, spa with sauna and massage room, a large heated infinity pool, a hot tub, and incredible 360° panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
The estate provides both private and shared living spaces allowing guests opportunities to come together or retreat and relax. The property has three distinct living areas – one on the main level, one on the upper level and one in the barn – together these comprise six bedrooms. Each area also includes individual living rooms to unwind in.
The property offers an open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, original beams, cotto flooring tiles, and archways throughout. The interior spaces are bright with natural light,spacious, and sumptuous in design. Every aspect of this grand property has been designed with modern luxurious textures and finishes to create intimate and elegant interiors.
The open concept kitchen, the original forno oven and traditional Tuscan fireplace make this farmhouse ideal for culinary adventures. Moreover, there is a lovely interior courtyard with pergola that is perfect for al fresco dining throughout the day and evening.
The estate is surrounded by its picturesque gardens with over 200 olive trees. The magnificent heated infinity pool offers incredible panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. There are various sun beds, outdoor lounge and dining areas to enjoy, at your preference. In addition, the hot tub beside the pool provides the perfect place to enjoy a glass of red wine and relax on a cool autumn evening.
The medieval town of Monteroni d’Arbia with its restaurants and shops is a short 5 minute drive away whilst the beautiful town of Siena is only 30 minutes away. The famous Brunello vineyards in Montalcino and the thermal baths and spas of medieval village Bango Vignoni are accessible within 45 minutes.
Florence, San Gimignano, the Chianti region and the Tuscan coast can all be reached within 1.5 hours drive from the property. Whichever your preferences may be, this property offers the ideal location to experience it all.
- A/C, kitchen, dining room, living room, fireplace, viewing room, forno room, interior courtyard with dining area, terrace and pool access, countryside view
- Bedroom 1 (Master): A/C, double bed, en suite combo Jacuzzi bath/shower, WC, safe, sitting area with sofa bed and coffee station, countryside view
- Bathroom 1: WC
- Sitting/library room with study desk, printer, countryside view
- Bedroom 2 (Master): A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC, countryside view
- Bedroom 3: A/C, double bed, en suite shower, WC, countryside view
- Bedroom 4: A/C, double bed, en suite combo bath/shower, WC, safe, pool & countryside view
- A/C, kitchenette, living room, fireplace, convertible sofa bed
- Bathroom 2: WC
- Bedroom 5 (Master): A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC, safe, countryside view
- Bedroom 6: A/C, double bed, en suite bath, shower, WC, countryside view
- Sauna,change room, workout facility
- Bathroom 3: shower, WC
- 4h daily housekeeping (Mon to Sat)
- Bi-weekly linen and towel change
- End of rental cleaning
- Live-in estate manager
- Air conditioning throughout
- Bose sound system
- DVD player
- Fitness equipment
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Heated infinity pool
- Hot tub
- Media room
- Parking up to 6 cars
- Pizza oven
- Washer & dryer
- Wine cellar
- Nearest Airport: Florence, 1h 20 min.
- Nearest Train: Monter. d'Arbia, 8 min.
- Nearest Motorway: Bettolle, 40 min
- Nearest Town: Monteroni d'Arbia, 5 min.
- Nearest Beach: Grosseto, 1h 25 min.
- Nearest Restaurant: Monter. d'Arbia, 5 min.
- Nearest Golf: Siena, 35 min.
- Nearest Vineyard: Montalcino, 35 min.